A coworker recently asked me to make her a tote to fit inside of the larger purse she usually carries. It's a very trendy bag but doesn't fit the bill for the dressier occasions. She wanted something small and black.
Here is the Tag Along Tote Tote that I made for her. To brighten it up a bit, and to make things easier to find, I added a pink liner.
I think the liner is my favorite part!
When I bought the fabric for the bag, I thought the fabrics should be reversed. I thought the black should be the accent and the gray floral should be the main fabric. Though I like how this bag turned out, I needed to try it my way.
Yep! For me, this is way cuter. Of course, it's not really " a little black bag" to go with "a little black dress," but it is adorable. I added the pink interior to this one, too.
So feminine!
I had fun quilting these, too. I usually meander, but I've been wanting to stretch my skills, so I decided to try leaves.
I've got a ways to go, but these don't look too bad for my first try. They look even better when you're looking at the exterior of the purse and not the muslin. ;) I think it gave a really nice finishing touch to the bags.
And what bag would be complete without a Wonder Wallet?
I usually show my coworkers my crafty stuff. I got thumbs up all around. Truth be told, I was a little nervous about how the black one would go over. Does that happen to you? I get an idea so firm in my head that I start to doubt myself. I figured it looked fine, but I liked the gray floral one so much more that I was a little unsure. I was happy that others liked it. In fact, someone liked the black one so much that she asked for one for herself. Doubt was set aside. Now I get to make more!








No comments:
Post a Comment